Heavy-duty Apex Sheds, Built to Last
One of our most popular products, our apex sheds provide style, durability and versatility in a huge range of sizes and configurations.
However you plan to use your shed, whether for storage, gardening or hobbies, a Sheds Direct structure is the ideal solution. Just choose your ideal design and our expert team will build it to order, using only the high quality materials.
We don’t do ‘off-the-shelf’, so your apex shed can be designed and built to ideally meet your needs. This includes a wide choice of sizes, door and window positions with double glazing and insulation options.
For market-leading sturdiness, resilience and longevity, each of our apex sheds is fully framed and braced, with super heavy-duty framework and tongue and groove pressure-treated walls and floors. While the industry standard tongue and groove panelling depth is 12mm, our apex Sheds are carefully constructed using 20mm (finished) or 14mm panelling, with 40mm x 60mm or 40mm x 40mm framing. All this translates to give superior strength and protection from the elements, including fungal decay, wood-boring insects and other environmental damage.
Apex Sheds specifications
We manufacture all of our apex sheds at our own manufacturing facility, taking great pride in the products and services we offer to give you a superb experience from start to finish.
- Premium quality built-to-order and bespoke options.
- Standard and non-standard sizes available to maximise your garden and storage space.
- Heavy-duty construction.
- Choice of 22mm (20mm finished) tongue and groove floor and walls – the same thickness as a modern domestic floorboard! – or 14mm rustic tongue and groove.
- Super heavy duty 40mm x 60mm tanalised wooden framing (on the 20mm tongue and groove) or 40mm x 40mm wooden framing (on the 14mm tongue and groove).
- Timber tanalised (pressure treated) with Tanalith E for longer life and minimal maintenance.
- External 16mm (12.5mm finished) tongue and groove kiln-dried roof.
- Torched-on roofing felt covering for the roof, instead of felt tacks (which can allow water ingress).
- Generous 1,830mm internal eaves height (at the lowest point).
- Incorporated roof trusses to prevent sagging and enable a longer lifespan.
- Free 10-year anti-rot warranty.*
- All timber sourced from sustainable resources.
*Does not include roofing felt.
Design Your Own Apex Shed
All our structures are made to measure, just for you. Create your perfect apex shed with our handy, easy to use online design tool, where you can choose your preferred size and window and door placements.
Please note – sheds designed via our online configurator tool feature 14mm rustic finish tongue and groove timber, for a sturdy building at a competitive price. If you’d prefer our even heavier-duty 20mm timber, just use the ‘Get a Quote’ form.
- The estimated quote for your shed includes delivery and installation.
- When you receive your quote, it will also include an ETA.
- Your shed will be made to order, meeting your specific needs.
- When your shed is ready, we will get in touch to arrange a delivery date.
- Please ensure you have a suitable base for your new shed and good access to the site. If you have any questions, let us know as soon as possible and we’ll be able to advise you.
- Our team will deliver and erect your shed. We do not sub-contract, so you can rely on a professional job conducted by our expert team.
- We offer delivery to UK mainland only.
- Base installation and shed removal services are also available to some customers.
Prices including VAT (excludes windows, delivery & fitting).
Take a look at the guide prices for our most popular sizes, including VAT.*
More size options and prices are available here – Price list October 22 and remember, we can make pretty much any size you require!
Note: we build and measure our sheds in metres, but have included approximate imperial conversions for those who prefer to visualise in feet. For exact measurements, please refer to the metric sizes.
These prices may vary depending on your chosen options and specifications.
*Excludes windows, delivery & fitting
How to order your shed
Get in touch with us for FREE consultation where we will discuss your specific needs and requirements. We will talk through every detail and provide a non-obligationary quote based on your request and location.
Our shed experts will receive your order and begin building your custom shed. We will provide you with regular updates of your shed’s progress so you know exactly when you can expect it.
We will deliver your bespoke shed with our fast UK delivery service. Our sheds will be supplied in panelled sections. The amount of sections will depend on your specific request.
After delivery, our friendly team will install your shed in your chosen place ensuring a hassle-free experience. It’s as simple as that!