Garden sheds for narrow spaces
Our narrow wooden garden sheds are each designed to help you make the most of the space between buildings and boundary fences, so you can max out your potential for storage.
Unlike most slim garden sheds, which are typically prone to stability issues, our narrow sheds use a considerable amount of diagonal bracing and steel strengthening plates around the door, so your new shed will stay as solid as a rock and last for many years to come.
The specially designed roof diverts water from the higher end above the door panel to run off the lower back portion of the roof, preventing pools of water forming from run off down boundary fences and property lines. This innovative feature allows water to fall harmlessly onto your own garden, which, if desired, can be accessorised with a gutter and/or water butt. The roof is formed with an upstand along the long edge of the roof to further channel water away from your property.
The standard model features a full-width 750mm door and an overall shed width of 970mm. We can make the shed narrower. but please note that the door will be narrower as well, so we’ll ask you to make sure the door remains big enough for your requirements.
Our narrow sheds are produced from our 14mm rustic finish T&G timber, so you get a sturdy building at a competitive price. Our sheds are also lined with a vapour barrier to further protect your belongings.
Sheds Direct’s in-house team will guide you through the options available, so the shed you choose is tailored to your size, specification and functional requirements. We’ll talk you through base options and the preparation needed, along with the installation process and our variety of optional extras such as windows, shelving and stable doors.
Narrow sheds - specifications
We manufacture all of our sheds ourselves and pride ourselves greatly on the products and services we offer. We aim to give you a great experience with us, from start to finish.
- Quality-built to-order and bespoke options.
- Heavy-duty construction with diagonal bracing and steel strengthening plates
- 14mm tongue and groove floor and walls.
- 40mm x 40mm heavy duty tanalised wooden framing.
- Our timber is tanalised (pressure treated) with Tanalith E for longer service life and minimal maintenance.
- Specially shaped roof to channel water away from your property and boundary fence
- 16mm (12.5mm finished) tongue and groove kiln dried roof.
- Lined with a vapour barrier to further protect your belongings
- 750mm door on our standard 970mm width; 650mm door on our 870mm wide model.
- Free 10 year anti-rot warranty. This doesn’t include the roofing felt.
- We source all our timber sustainably.
- When we provide an estimated quote for your shed, this will include a cost for delivery and installation.
- When we send you a quote, we’ll also estimate when your shed will be ready for installation
- Your shed will be made to order, so it meets your specific needs.
- When your shed is built, we’ll get in touch with you to arrange a delivery date.
- Please ensure you have a suitable base for your new shed and good access to your garden or wherever your new shed will be located. If you have any questions, let us know as soon as possible and we’ll be able to advise you.
- Our team will deliver and erect your shed. We do not subcontract our work to any third party, so you can rely on a professional job and exacting standards every time.
- Delivery is to mainland UK only.
- Base installation and shed removal services are also available to some customers.
Prices including VAT (excludes windows, delivery & fitting).
Below are the guide prices for our standard sizes. Other sizes are possible: please contact us for more details.
We build and measure our sheds in metres. This is because the timber is supplied to us in metric lengths, so it avoids waste. But we know lots of people prefer to visualise their sheds in feet, so we’ve included a rough conversion. For exact measurements, please refer to sizes in metres.
These prices may vary depending on your chosen options and specifications.
How to order your shed
Get in touch with us for FREE consultation, where we’ll discuss your specific needs and requirements. We’ll talk through every detail with and provide a quote based on your request and location – without any obligation to proceed.
Our shed experts will receive your order and begin building your custom shed. We’ll provide you with regular updates of your shed’s progress, so you know exactly when you can expect it.
We’ll deliver your bespoke shed with our fast UK delivery service. Our sheds will be supplied in panelled sections. The amount of sections will depend on your specific request.
After delivery, our friendly team will install your shed in your chosen place, for a hassle-free experience. It’s as simple as that!