Terms & Conditions
MODULINE SERVICE LTD (t/a SHEDS DIRECT) TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
By making the full payment you the customer confirm you have read, understood and agree to the following terms of business.
‘You’ in the following terms refers to the customer.
PAYMENTS AND REFUNDS
- If you change your mind, you have 14 days from your order date to cancel and get a full refund. After this period, a refund is at the discretion of the company.
- A 50% deposit payment is due when you place your order. This deposit must be paid on all orders to take advantage of the discounts given.
CHANGES TO YOUR BUILDING SPECIFICATION
- If you want to make any amendments to your building specification, you must send them in writing by email to a member of our team, and make sure they have been acknowledged as received. Amendments can only be made up to 4 weeks following the order date. No amendments can be accepted after this date and payments cannot be refunded after this date.
CANCELLATIONS AND POSTPONEMENTS
- All cancellations must be made in writing by email and acknowledged as received by a member of staff. Deposit refunds are as described in the payments and refunds section.
- Once you have agreed delivery and fitting dates we are not able to postpone those dates for any reason (( including poor weather conditions, flooding, lack of a suitable base, access restrictions and customer not available on site). We will deliver your building on the agreed date, stack it neatly and await your further instructions. Any agreed return visit by our delivery and fitting teams will incur an additional charge of at least £350 and must be paid 7 days prior to our team arriving.
DELIVERY AND INSTALLATION
- After you have placed your order, we will check your address. We reserve the right to cancel your order if your home is not easily accessible. If we have to cancel your order for this reason, we’ll refund any payment or deposit.
- You must provide a substantial, solid and level area for the building.. If you don’t provide a suitable base, the building will be left at the site and stacked neatly.
Once the base area has been made suitable, you can arrange a new date with our delivery team. An additional call out fee of no less than £350 must be paid 7 days prior to our team arriving. We will not refund delivery and/or fitting charges if you put up the building yourself or ask another contractor to put it up.
- Please tell us about any access difficulties, eg. overhead obstructions, walls, cables etc. before delivery.
- On the delivery/delivery and installation date, if we are met with any form of access restrictions we were not made aware of, the building will be left and stacked neatly at the delivery address as a delivery service only.
- Before you order, please consider carefully whether there are any obstacles to getting the building to site. Bear in mind arches, gates etc. We will not lift buildings over fences, walls, garages etc and will not carry through houses.
- Our fitters allow for a reasonable carry from the offloading point to site of around 30 minutes and/or 50 metres. If your site is further than this, you must inform us at the time of order. Any such issues will result in the installation becoming void.
- Once the access issue has been overcome, you can arrange a suitable date and pay an additional call out fee of no less than £350 prior to our team arriving.
- We will need to park at the delivery address. You must arrange any necessary permits in advance.
- The customer must cut back all trees and bushes etc to allow at least eighteen inches clearance around the building to enable our fitters to erect the building unhindered. Likewise overhanging trees must be cut back to allow our fitters to fix the roof covering unhindered. Failure to do so will result in the building being left for assembly by the customer.
STANDARDS, WARRANTIES AND GUARANTEES
- All our buildings come with a 1 year manufacturing guarantee.
- All our buildings are fully Tanalised against infestation (this is not a substitute for the application of the Protek Royal preservative range we recommend) and come with a 10 year anti-rot guarantee.
- All our timber is pressure treated, which means that it is infused with a wood preservative in a vacuum-pressure timber-impregnation plant to protect your building from insect attack and decay (this is not a substitute for the application of the Protek Royal preservative range we recommend) for a minimum of 10 years.
WHEN APPLYING THE PROTOK ROYAL TREATMENT PLEASE PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO THE SPOTS WHERE THE SCREWS AND NAILS HAVE BEEN SITED. MAKE SURE YOU COVER THESE AREAS THOROUGHLY. WE DO NOT PAINT THE PANELS. See our warranty terms for full details about the application of Protek wood preservative.
- Any buildings erected by anyone other than our own experienced staff, and/or modified or customised will result in the warranty becoming void. Examples of modifications and customisations include but are not limited to: adding pieces of timber, removing parts of the building and reattaching, inserting nails, screws, hooks etc into the cladding or framework. Other forms of modifications/customisations are subject to the Customer Services Manager’s discretion.
- Timber is a natural product and prone to changes in appearance, including some movement, shrinkage, expansion and the occurrence of small knot holes or splits in extreme temperatures and weather conditions. Any splits, knots, shakes or similar visual imperfections in the timber will not affect the structural integrity of the product in any way. These are not considered to be damaged and do not render the product unfit for purpose and no payment refund will be made.
- Please note: any guarantee/warranty offered does not cover the products against timber splits or warping. These are natural characteristics of the products and not defects. No refund of payments will be made under these circumstances. All sizes of framing timber referred to in our marketing content are subject to a standard deviation of 5mm in either direction.
- Whilst we do offer a pre-painting service at an additional cost, it is the customers responsibility to do any “touch-up” that may become necessary due to timber shrinkage.
- We cannot be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay by events outside of our reasonable control, ie. any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control. This includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- Strikes, lockouts and other industrial actions, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport, impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks, any new acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
- We will not be held responsible for any loss of earnings as a result of any delays in the delivery and fitting your building.
- A full or part payment constitutes acceptance of the warranty terms provided.
- All complaints must be made in writing to the customer services department. We’ll send you a written response within 7 working days.